This block of compressed coconut results into 10 litres of ready-to-use coconut substrate after adding 4-5 litres of water to it. Furthermore its volume will increase approximately tenfold. As a result of its initial size the substrate is fairly easy to transport.
Compared to regular peat substrate (potting soil) coco substrate has a great number of benefits, which are:
– it is easy to use
– it has the low EC value of < 0.8 mS/cm
– it has the ideal pH value of 5.8
– it stimulates a perfect root development
– the coco substrate is not compact which makes it easy to drain
– it is a light product: 85 kg/m3 (peat substrate weighs 125 kg/m3)
– coconut has a good and swift water absorption
– coco substrate can be re-used
– the use of coconut often leads to a higher yield compared to other substrates
This substrate is thoroughly washed out and treated for diseases, vermin and weeds. Moreover, it contains special additives in order to assure a TOP result.
1 Fill a bucket or tank with 4-5 litres of water
2 Let one block of Coco Brick swell up in the water
3 Stir the mixture thoroughly after about 30 minutes and you will have approximately 10 litres of ready-to-use substrate.
The Coco Bricks are packed per 6 pieces in a carrier bag or per 24 pieces in a box.
Use the special Coco Nova fertilization scheme during the growth in order to properly administer nutrients and minerals.